måndag, november 03, 2008

The Erlang Rationale

A while back I released the Erlang Rationale which is an attempt to explain why things look like they do in Erlang and our thinking behind many of the properties and features of the language. There is also some descriptions of part of the system which today seem to lack description, for example the i/o system and groups. The Rationale mainly deals with the core parts of the language and the older parts of the libraries and not OTP.

It can be found here The Erlang Rationale

The rationale is not finished and I am adding to it and expanding/improving what is already there. When there has been a significant enough change I will release a new version. However, someone suggested I could release new bits as they come and get comments and suggestions. This seems like a good idea and i will try it.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Is Erlang Rationale still publicly available?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. No, but I can send it you if you mail me. I will try as well to get in an openly accessible place

      Radera
  2. Hi Robert,

    I found the Erlang Rationale here [1]. Is this the last release?

    [1] http://www.erlang-factory.com/upload/presentations/329/EFKR10-ErlangRationale.pdf

    SvaraRadera